Since 1995, the Springfield Community Federation (SCF) has worked to improve the lives of disadvantaged children and families in Springfield, Illinois and the surrounding communities. The primary mission of the Federation is to promote community strategies that strengthen family support networks and alleviate poverty for vulnerable children and families.
The Federation acts as a clearinghouse for community collaboration and coordinates the following efforts:
- Provider Council meetings offering education and networking for community support providers
- HIV Testing Outreach to people in Springfield and surrounding communities
- Referral services for food and basic family needs
- Child & family wellness outreach
- Local event organization and sponsorship